Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We'll be back after these important messages.

I just have a couple things to share real quick with everyone.

1. I want to remind everyone that this Saturday is the live streaming of Harvey Pekar's opera "Leave Me Alone!" that I mentioned in an earlier post.

2. Also in an earlier post, I mentioned that there are no Thanksgiving comics. Well, you can sleep soundly now because I have found one. I just picked up a copy of Power Pack #19 and flipped through it to find the Power Pack spending Thanksgiving with Cloak & Dagger, Kitty Pryde, Wolverine, and Beta Ray Bill. I will definitely be saving that book for next November.

3. As you can see from the nifty countdown clock on the right, the date for the Windy City Comicon has been set for September 19th, 2009. I will definitely be going and volunteering. Volunteering last year was phenomenal. In only a couple months, Chris and Sal from Around Comics put together a con that the city of Chicago can be proud of. I had more fun at WCC than any other con I have ever been to.

4. I want to throw some love to two awesome creators who make an awesome comic book. Go check out The Uniques by Adam Withers and Comfort Love.


5. It has come to my attention that there is a new blog/podcast that has the same concept and almost the same name as this here blog. They even have some of the same phrases from my description in theirs. All I can say is imitation is the best form of flattery. I am having so much fun doing this so I am just going to keep on doing what I am doing. Hopefully you guys will keep reading.

1 comment:

Eric Garneau said...

A few years ago, under Geoff Johns, the JLA and the JSA did yearly Thanksgiving books, starting with the graphic novel Virtue & Vice and ending with the issue of 52 that came out Thanksgiving week of 2006, which saw Jay, Ted, and Alan (I think) mourning the death of that tradition. Some of these stories were actually pretty cool!